When you are out house hunting you most likely will attend a few open houses. The Gabbard Team has a list of things that you should look out for when you are at an open house.
1. Closed off areas – There are many reasons why a part of the home may be closed off to the public. One common reason is if there are pets in the home. Don’t purchase a home when there are areas that have not been seen. Make an appointment to go back to the home and request that you have access to the entire house.
2. Renovations/Additions/Unfinished Construction – Oftentimes renovations are done in a hurry when a homeowner is putting their house on the market. Unfinished construction can be because of a lack of funds or maybe something else is preventing the work from being completed. Check with the city to make sure all the proper permits are on record.
3. Odors – Sometimes a homeowner will try to mask odd odors with air freshener or candles. Try to distinguish the smell of water damage, mold and mildew.
4. Multiple Homes For Sale – If there are a lot of homes for sale on the street or adjacent streets that may be a red flag. If there is opportunity, talk to the neighbors to gather more information about the area and find out if they are happy with the neighborhood.
5. Neighbors – Are the homes around the open house in good condition? Check out the other homes on the street. Are the lawns and homes well maintained and cared for?
These are just a few of the things you should be on the lookout for when attending an open house. Protect yourself by scheduling an appointment to see the home again with a licensed real estate agent. The Gabbard Team would love the opportunity to help you find a home and protect your best interests while doing so.
Call The Gabbard Team today to start your search for a new home! 513-401-5188
The Gabbard Team has the experience, knowledge and imagination to get the desired results for their clients. Collectively, The Gabbard Team has over 50 years of real estate experience. The team is committed to staying informed of the daily changing market so that they remain the local experts. The Gabbard Team creatively stays ahead of these market trends allowing them to properly market homes and help buyers qualify to purchase them.
Hire The Gabbard Team to protect your most valuable asset. Contact Bill Gabbard of The Gabbard Team at 513-401-5188 for all of your residential and commercial real estate needs.
The Gabbard Team Keller Williams Advisors Realty
Other Articles You May Be Interested In: